SLA Institutional membership is open to Schools, libraries, library schools, and other educational and commercial organizations.
SLA Association membership is open to school library associations.
- Institution & Association members receive all of the services of Personal members and may send a representative to the annual conference.
- An Institutional member is entitled to get a soft copy of the Newsletter and online access to the journal of the Association free of cost.
- An Institutional member is entitled to get other publications of the Association and pay the registration fee for the programmes at a concessional rate to be determined from time to time by the Governing Board.
- An Institutional member has access to the ‘members only’ section of the official website of the Association, including access to reports, minutes of meetings, selected articles and papers published by and on behalf of the Association.
- An institutional member is entitled to join and participate in the email and social media forums/groups/channels managed by the Association.
- An Institutional member has one vote each at the Annual General Body Meeting. The member belonging to this category shall not be entitled to contest for the office.
- An institutional member may serve on committees and participate in Special Interest Groups.
- An institutional member may pay the reduced SLA Membership conference registration rate for up to three nominees.
- Can join a national community with members in all Indian States and Union Territories countries.
- Encourage and support school library development throughout the world through connections with IASL, IFLA and other such organizations.
- A right, privilege, or obligation for any class of Membership is not capable of being transferred or transmitted to another person or body corporate; and terminates on cessation / Termination of the Membership.
Submit online the SLA Institutional Membership Application
Download SLA Institutional Membership Application Form