SLA-India Online Newsletter, Vol.3, Issue 1 & 2 (January-June 2021) onwards
SLA India invites articles/write-ups for the next issue of the Newsletter [Volume 4 Issue 1; January-March 2022]
Suggested Topics :
- Articles based on School library management (resources, activities, tools, technologies and services)
- Case studies based on experiences of School Librarians handling their libraries during or after the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Reopening of school libraries: strategies, measures and precautions.
- Activities started or initiated by attending various Webinars conducted by SLA-India.
- School library specific innovations /experiments /projects.
- Information about achievements/awards or recognition received by the school librarians.
- Reviews of relevant and notable books useful for library professionals.
- Letter to Editor (Feedback and Suggestions based on previous issues of SLA newsletter)
Last Date for submission: 31.08.2021
Any content received after the last date may be preserved and considered for the future newsletter. The Editorial Board reserves the right to accept and reject the content. All content should be mailed to the official email : email@example.com
SLA India Newsletter Policies and Guidelines
A) Objectives :
1. To further the aims of SLA India (School Library Association – India) as stated in its constitution.
2. Inform members of SLA India programs and the programs of related national and international organizations.
3. Report activities, trends and development within the children’s / school library field on the national/international level.
4. Create a forum for sharing/exchange of ideas and viewpoints. Letters to Editor.
5. Promote membership in SLA India.
6. Brief on the professional status of children’s / school librarians, teacher-librarians, school media specialists.
(B) Language :
1. Official Language of the Newsletter: English
2. Translations of Important news items from regional/local/ state languages could be considered with due concern for permissions/copyright.
What can be published:
1. National and International School Library news.
2. Children’s / School library developments and significant news about school libraries and librarians from India / World.
3. Important actions, resolutions of SLA Conferences / Meetings / Workshops / Events . Word limit: not applicable.
4. Information about the release of any book or reports or any government rules and regulations.
5. New technical initiatives and developments in school library and librarianship.
6. Honors, Prizes and Awards of interest to Children’s / School librarianship.
7. Highlights of Children’s / School Library Projects and Research Articles. / papers / essays.
8. Letters to Editor.
Guidelines for the Authors/Contributors:
1. Personal Details of Authors and Contributors should include
a. Their name along with designation,
b. Name, address and email id of the School / Organisation.
2. Language: English
3. Article/News Layout:
i. All submitted content should be prepared in MS-Word file only.
ii. Text Alignment should be justified, Text Calibri and Font Size should be 11 or 12.
iii. Spacing in between lines should be 1.5.
iv. Submitted content should include the headlines. Wherever required paragraphs should be supported by respective headings also.
v. Wherever you quote or refer to any news, information then it needs to be written in the proper citation.
vi. The original link of the concerned blog/ website/ web page etc. should be mentioned If the content is an abstract or summary of your’s or anyone else’s write up .
vii. Citations should be prepared in “APA” Style and proper bibliography should be inserted at the end of the article. It can be written as:
Author’s Surname, (initials).(Publication Date of Book/ Website [In case of website, it could be date of updation]).Title of the Source, Location of Publisher. Details of Publisher or
Publishing Company URL. (All references and bibliographies can be prepared in MS-Word itself. It can be created in “Reference” in the toolbar of the MS-Word).
4. Image Details :
i. Digital images should be saved in no less than 150dpi in JPG,JPEG or PNG formats.
ii. Photos: maximum of 2 photos per entry or as deemed fit by the editor based on content and word count.
iii. Material that includes graphics should be accompanied by
iv. original photographs . Drawings and illustrations permitted if they do not use space at the expense of important news items. The type of drawing must be easy for the Production Manager to duplicate and for clear reproduction.
5. Word Count:
i. Reports on the professional status of Children’s Librarianship /School Librarians, Teacher-Librarians, School Media Specialists etc.: 200 words
ii. Short articles / papers / essays. Limit :500 words
iii. News on Appointments, Promotions, Superannuation / Retirement, Anniversaries, obituaries etc. :100 words per entry.
iv. Reviews / Highlights of Children’s / School Library Projects and Research Articles.:200 words
v. Report on your Participation in Seminars / Workshop / Training : 500 words.
vi. Recognition, Honour, Prizes and Awards : 200 words
vii. Your Publications (books, articles, papers, and reports) published during the current or last month. :300 words
viii. Letters to Editor. Limit: 300 words
6. Who can Publish: Registered members of SLA India are eligible to contribute. Significant entries from Others may be allowed,
provided they are forwarded through one of the regular members of the Association and not directly.
7. Submission Policy:
1. Submission of the content: All content should be submitted directly to SLA India Newsletter Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. WhatsApp messages will not be considered for this purpose. The content should be attached in an MS-Word file in the mail. No matter written in the mail body will be considered for publication .
2. Image Attachment: Submitted content should be accompanied by original photographs as an attachment in the mail. The image should not be pasted in MS-Word with the respective article.
3. Originality and Authenticity: The content should be original and authentic. In case of objection/issue/conflict raised by any other member or from the organisation only the author/ contributor will be responsible and answerable to that. SLA India Executives or the Editors of the Newsletter are neither responsible nor accountable for the contents or the consequences/ repercussions. The views and opinions expressed in the News letter don’t necessarily reflect the standpoint and opinion of SLA India or editors of the newsletter.
4. Right to Accept/Reject: The Editorial Board shall have the right to accept or reject news/reports which have been submitted. The editors/s reserve the right to extend/ summarise/ highlight the news item submitted.
5. Copyright: The information published in the newsletter becomes the property of SLA India. The information submitted for publication should not be submitted for publication elsewhere. SLA India has no provision for payments towards news reports or information submitted.
SLA India has no provision for payments towards news reports or information submitted.
In case of suggestion/queries and for content-related issues, please contact the editor by email at email@example.com only.
Ms Charu Dev, Editor, SLAI Scoop
Ms Neena Girish, Coordinator, Publication Team, SLA
Mobile : 8700196569 ; 8826444661