The University of Hong Kong, ASIS&T South Asia Chapter and the Academy 22 Education for All Foundation have been organising an International Digital Story Writing Competition for primary and secondary students from around the world on the broader theme “AI and Health” and the narrower theme “COVID-19: Imagine, Create & Share“.
As part of the competition, School Library Association-India and ASIS&T South Asia Chapter jointly organizes an International Online Workshop for School Librarians on the theme ‘Fostering the Next Generation Authors & Helping people safe from COVID-19′ on December 11, 2021 at 5.00 PM IST.
SLA-India invites all School Librarians from around the world to join this free webinar to be organized to help them to make their students ready to participate in this exciting International competition.
Click the below link to join the webinar on December 11, 2021 at 5.00 PM IST.
For any querries regarding the workshop, email email@example.com/WhatsApp at 9495591734 to Ms Darsana Gopinath, Coordinator, Events, SLA-India.
INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL STORY WRITING COMPETITION (Source: ASISI&T website)
One of the unique features of this programme is the offering of a range of interesting workshops free for the participants to equip them with knowledge and skills to participate competently in this fun and/or meaningful competition.
Details of Competition
- Registration fee: Entirely FREE!
- Enrolment period: Oct 15, 2021 (FRI) – Apr 4, 2022 (MON)
- Digital Writing Tools: Participants may use any online tools to create their own eBooks, such as StoryJumper
- Language: Students can write the story in their native language first and then get it translated into English later. Or they can do it all in English. Each participant can only submit one piece of work for the competition. An English version of the participant’s eBook is mandatory.
- Submission of work:
- Participants must submit the link to their eBook by filling the submission form (https://forms.gle/Z7DkMEJGkF1b7hTa6 ) on or before Apr 11, 2022 Sat, at 23:59. The eBook link must be accessible without having to log in to any personal account.
- Participants must submit the link to a text-only Google Docs document of their story for plagiarism checking.
- Participants are required to video-record the sharing of their ebooks (4 minutes maximum), upload the recording onto YouTube, and submit the YouTube link by Apr 11, 2022 Sat, at 23:59.
- Competition Date and time: 16th April, 2022 (Sat), 10:00 am – 12:30 pm IST (Online).